REGISTER FIELD TRIP
TRANSPORTATION FUNDING REQUEST
Why STEM Fair? Satisfy Standards
Request a Presentation
We understand that sometimes in order to get excited over a new topic, students need a change in scenery. This is why we would like to present our "Request for a Classroom Presenter" form.
Please fill out the form to request that we contact you and we will organize a presentation in your classroom to help your students with the beginning phases of their STEM projects and how to participate in our Fair.
Participate in the Sacramento Regional STEM Fair
Participation in the Sacramento Regional STEM Fair is simple and quick!!
1st After your students have developed their research plans, have them register on-line through our Project Registration. Your
students can choose to compete or showcase by selecting the corresponding registration.
2nd Once Registration is submitted, students can begin experimentation and put together their project boards.
3rd Project Registrations are considered completed unless the students are contacted for additional information!
It's that easy!
How To: STEM Fair
Timeline for your Classroom
Helpful Websites for you and your Classroom!
Sites to Help with Getting Started
1. Internet Public Library – Science Fair Project Guide - A resource guide providing a variety of excellent web resources. (www.ipl.org/div/projectguide)
2. Sparticl - A new web and mobile service for teens that collects the best Internet resources in STEM. (www.sparticl.org)
Sites to Help with Research
3. Mosaic - An on-line archive of articles published in the National Science Foundation's flagship magazine from 1970 to 1992. A background resource for students, teachers, and others in need of a reliable reference for current research. (www.mosaicscience.com)
4. The National Science Digital Library - An on-line library for those interested in education and research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. (www.nsdl.org)
Sites to Help with Project Board Supplies
5. www.OWLPAKS.com - This is where you can get ALL of your supplies to create your project board for the STEM Fair! Just go to www.owlpaks.com/kit and enter the Synopsys Sac STEM Fair code # 314159 and order away! It's as easy as pi!
Sites with Curriculum to satisfy NGSS
6. eGFI - Tools to boost your students’ math and science skills, enliven the classroom with engineering projects, lesson plans and activities and demonstrations. (http://teachers.egfi-k12.org/category/lessons/)
7. Find your Path Through NGSS - Choose different STEM topics and cross cutting areas to see different activities and lesson plans! (http://concord.org/ngss/?gclid=CMSV1IjnuL8CFYhefgodfXYA3A)
8.Know Atom - a new kind of inquiry-based science curriculum that puts students on the path to excellence in science and engineering, helping schools and districts reach their performance goals and standards mastery (https://www.knowatom.com/category/student-interactive/advanced/)
9. Code.org - This website has helpful tutorials on the basis of computer science, coding and programming. It even lets
you learn coding with simple building blocks while playing your favorite games like "Angry Birds"! (www.Code.org)
10. Science News for Students! Pretty self-explanatory, but this news site can help you see what real world problem professional scientists and engineers are tackling - maybe you have a better solution? (Student.societyforscience.org/sciencenews-students)
Plan a Field Trip
to the Sacramento Regional STEM Fair
The Sacramento Regional STEM Fair is a day for EVERYONE to enjoy! We would like to invite you and your classrooms to participate in the STEM Fair in a new way - as a field trip! We invite classrooms from K-8 to join us during public hours to view the competition, the STEM Fair projects, the College and Career Expo and the multitude of workshops we have to offer. This comprehensive day will be a great way for your students to become immersed in a culture of STEM early so that they will want to participate when they come of age!
To register your classroom for a field trip, please fill out the form below. Participation is limited! The cap will fill quickly.
Suggested Project Timeline
Plan a Field Trip Here!
Rules & Regulations
Paper Registration for Students
Student Guidelines for Registration
Student Roadmap to Registration
Parent Information Page
Request Transportation Funding
to the 2019 Sacramento Regional STEM Fair
Apply for a Transportation Grant through the Foundation
The Fair may be able to award funding to districts and schools that are in need of transportation to the event as part of a transportation grant.
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 500 Sacramento, CA 95814
P: (916) 441.3150
F: (916) 442.4182
The mission of the NorCal STEM Education Foundation is to inspire and engage students to become interested in pursuing scientific, technological, engineering, and mathematical (STEM) degrees and careers.
©2016 NorCal STEM Education Foundation